Two days is never enough…
Working in a hair salon I spent many years working on Saturday’s. This meant Friday night’s out were a no go even though I often did end up going out! I shudder when I remember the commute to work on Saturday morning literally dying from a hangover. It has to be one of the worst feelings in the world, right? So now I’m a lil bit older and no longer in the salon every week I can finally enjoy a work free weekend. Who am I kidding? I’m always blogging at the weekend but when it’s something you love it’s not quite work is it?
- Visiting Museums is one of my favourite ways to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I love modern art and the Tate Modern has to be my favourite place ever. It’s so vast that you can easily get lost for hours wandering around. They have great exhibitions and when it all gets a bit much there’s a bunch of restaurants to choose from.
2. Drinking coffee. Isn’t this just the best? Being British I love a nice cup of tea (or 4). But there’s nothing quite like that first sip of coffee to get you going. On the weekend I treat myself to a few extra and one of my favourite coffee shops in London is Fernandez & Wells. They have shops dotted around central London but Beak Street, South Kensington (to sit outside) and Somerset House are my favourites.
3. Exercise…. Disclaimer! I probably don’t work out on the weekend as often as I should but when I’m in the mood I love it because I feel great (but mostly smug) afterwards. Last week I hired the Santander cycles which is a fun, fast and fit way to get around London. If you aren’t brave enough to risk riding amoungst the traffic. Because who could blame you? You can stick to the London parks which is a lot safer.
4. Sunday Roast. A roast is a Sunday afternoon ritual for most people in the UK. I sometimes love to cook one (usually chicken) at home and then I don’t have far to move when the food coma hit’s. Otherwise it’s nice to head to the pub and let someone else do the hard work.
5. Reading. Relaxing indoors doesn’t come easy as I prefer to get out and do something in my spare time. However… When I am in the mood to snuggle up with a nice book or the Sunday newspapers then it’s the best thing. Ever! I just started reading Wheels of a soul which talks about reincarnation. I’m only a few chapters in but it’s so interesting and there’s scientific evidence to say it’s a real thing.
6. Partying. Whilst I might not be quite the party animal I used to be there is the odd night when it just happens. You know what I mean… You meet some mates for 1 drink (as if?!) next thing it’s 3 am and you’re lining up for a burger on the way home from a club. Oops!
7. Walking the dog. This one isn’t exactly optional. If I’m not up by 8am Ralphy is sitting next to my head staring at me. Hint taken.
8. Shopping. The list wouldn’t be complete without a bit of retail therapy. I am human after all. Rather than a full on shopping spree it’s nice to have a relaxed mooch around the shops to see what I can find.
9. Brunch. I don’t do this nearly as much as I’d like to. And I don’t mean one of those NY style super boozy brunches that last all day. Just a nice lazy late breakfast with long chats and great eggs.
10. Blogging. It’s Saturday evening as I’m here writing this post. Most weekends I dedicate a portion of time to create content for the blog. It’s usually when I’m most relaxed so I can produce my best work. And I love it.