Summer is officially here making any opportunity for a cheeky weekend away that bit more appealing. I just got a proper carry on suitcase from Horizn Studios that fits perfectly in the airline cabin. This inspired me to share my tips on packing smart for those short trips away.
Long weekends away are so much fun and now that my year long German course is officially over I am looking forward to traveling around a bit and visiting some new places. Over the years I learned some tips for packing – squeezing as many things as possible into a tiny case isn’t one of them.
- Invest in a hard shell case to prevent your belongings from getting squashed or damaged. The Model M from Horizn Studios also has a built in laptop case and charger for your i phone.
- Choose versatile wardrobe pieces that you can mix and match so you can rework items to create different outfits.
- Three pairs of footwear MAX. That might even sound a lot but I like to have some kind of sandal a pair of trainers and a pair of loafers or casual boots such as these desert boots from Farah.
- Wear your bulkiest pieces whilst traveling then you don’t need to pack them. I often bring a lightweight jacket in case it’s unexpectedly cold and a hat is always useful. These are the items I wear during travel to save valuable suitcase space.
- Decant your skincare into small plastic pots which you can find at your local drug store.
- When needed roll your clothes as it saves space and stuff socks, underwear, belts or chargers into your shoes.
I hope this was useful and if you have any other tips then please let me know.