What on earth did we all do before Instagram? Imagine all the time we had each day before we found ourselves glued to our phones scrolling through an endless feed of photo’s. I enjoy Instagram as much as the next person, it’s a constant source of inspiration and a useful way to see what people are up to. It seems to have infiltrated the lives of nearly everyone I know and whilst I often hear complaints about the social platform, we just can’t seem to get enough of it.
FIVE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT INSTAGRAM
- Filters! I mean, life through a filtered lens is great. Thanks to editing and filters things never looked more beautiful and it’s never been easier to take a cool picture.
- A window into the perfectly staged lives of others is actually great. I love catching up with people along their daily lives and travels and seeing so many different images constantly inspires me.
- Connecting with people is one of the best things about instagram. I’m in touch with so many people throughout the world that I would never normally have crossed paths with.
- It’s the perfect place to share my life and my interests with anyone who is interested. I enjoy the freedom to quickly capture something with my i phone and share it straight away.
- Instagram pushes me to improve certain skills. When I first started using it my snap shots were really bad and I went a bit crazy with the filters. It was seeing other people posting beautiful images that gave me the interest and drive to up my game.
FIVE(ish) THINGS I DISLIKE ABOUT INSTAGRAM
- It can be addictive. Overuse can cause us to disconnect with the world around us, make us insecure or narcissistic. Restricting use is always a good idea.
- The new algorithm!!! Facebook has one and I heard YouTube just added one. I don’t know anyone who complained about not being able to see everyone’s posts before the algorithm. If you know anyone please let me know! Everyone hates it, I see the same accounts over and over and miss so much unless perhaps I like every picture I see. It’s sooooooo annoying that this counts as two reasons.
- Negative people. I’m pretty lucky that I haven’t received hate on Instagram but boy does it exist, I suppose I have that to look forward to when my following is bigger.
- Spam. Whether it’s people harassing me to follow them or when a company decided to add 2000 likes to a post that I didn’t ask for. There is a lot of crazy stuff that happens on Instagram.
There are probably a couple of things I missed. What about you? I’d love to know your loves and hates. Leave a comment or find me on Instagram (duh?!) or Twitter.