Whether you are blogging to earn money or as a hobby you want to increase your traffic and make the blog a success. Below I will list some simple blogging tips to increase your SEO ranking.
- Create aestheticly pleasing content that is also helpful. Consider this post for example. I’ve merged a menswear post with (hopefully) useful information on blogging. If you are a fashion blogger it’s becoming increasingly difficult to transfer social media followers into blog readers when they can see what you are wearing on instagram. Double up with something extra that people can’t experience on social media. It could be a travel guide, tips on reducing stress or a music playlist.
- Keyword your images for SEO. When you save an image consider the description when you save it. For instance if you are wearing white denim and Gucci slides then title the image white-denim-gucci-slides.jpg
- Consider the title and the first paragraph carefully. Think about what you are writing about and try to place search terms into the title and the first paragraph. In the case of this post I have titled it 5 Easy Ways To Increase Traffic To Your Blog. If I wanted to google a post like this I would probably write Easy Ways To Increase Traffic To Your Blog.
- Leave a meaningful comment with a link on a similar blog post. Instead of pasting a link to your blog after the comment include a link to a relevant post. In this case I would look out for a menswear blogger with a similar style aesthetic to mine and a blog offering different blogging advise.
- E-Mail your posts to friends, family or work colleagues. I have so many people in my circle who don’t read blogs, that doesn’t mean they won’t enjoy reading one! Send an e mail blast promoting your blog to the people you think might enjoy it and ask them to forward it on to others.
If you found this useful you might also like this post What The Hell Is A Lifestyle Blog.