Kale season runs from mid-summer to December, however kale leaves grow sweeter after the frost making now the best time to eat it. Green leafy vegetables are beyond good for us, but we know this already so I won’t harp on. I will simply list 5 known benefits below to remind you why you want some kale right now. Plus a tasty recipe to inspire you with ways to eat it.
- Kale is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. So, if you are going to eat any veg then this should be top of the list.
- It fights cancer. High levels of glucosinolates help eliminate carcinogens from the body and stimulate the self-destruction of cancer cells.
- Your skin loves kale! The generous amount of antioxidants make this a smart choice for everyone. Because who doesn’t want better skin?
- Anti-inflammatory. Disease cannot survive unless there is inflammation in the body. Alkaline foods are our best friend and they also promote younger looking skin.
- Perhaps one of the more unexpected benefits, kale is high in calcium.
GENIUS KALE SALAD RECIPE
For all ingredients and a step by step for this recipe head over to one of my favourite food blogs 101 COOKBOOKS